Thursday, August 2, 2012

Understanding

When I was little (well, littlier) I remember not knowing what to do next and getting confused about which way to go at school, or when playing outside at home.  It's never taken a lot to get me confused (still doesn't).  I think that's why it means so much to me when someone understands me and takes time to connect and take time to help.

When I was in high school my best friend was almost polar opposite of me.  She was tall, slender and athletic. She disliked English, Spanish, history, but loved gym class and did pretty well in business math classes.

I was short, never slender, and was never an athlete. I loved English, Drama, Speech, Debate, Spanish and history.  I was never good at math and my worse grade (by far) was always in Gym class.
I don't know how two people who were so different found each other, but when we met at the beginning of our first year of high school we became instant friends.  As the years wore on, we came to understand each other and we supported each other.

I helped her in English and she pulled me through Gym class.  I understood that writing term papers was difficult for her and I tried to find ways to help her utilize her skills as she wrote.  She understood that pull-ups were grueling for me and she worked with me to help me meet the minimum requirement.

Looking back, it was a great blessing to have someone in my life who knew me, understood, and helped carry me through.

She understood when I was lost, scared, and confused.  I think that's what I love most about Jesus.  I don't really have to tell Him when I'm lost because there's never a time when He doesn't see me (Pslam 139) and if I am scared He is right there (Psalm 23).  My confusion is never too much for Him (Proverbs 3:5-6); God is trustworthy.

God knows YOU and loves you...He understands everything about you.  Take a few minutes to let that sink in.  Rest in the thought that God knows you and understands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment