Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Moments with Family

Last weekend I had an opportunity of a lifetime.

I got to spend 10 uninterrupted moments with my grandson.

He was in 'time out' and as I sat with him we were able to talk. One of the things we talked about was 'time outs'. He seemed to think it was a really bad thing. When I asked him why he said he didn't know, but it was.  I told him I thought it was a holy time. It was a time that was set apart. It was a time when he could reflect and think about how to solve problems, particularly the problem he'd just encountered.

He thought for a while.

I think he was wondering where I dreamed this up. But I asked him what was bad about that moment. It was a lovely night with a slight breeze. We had a chance to talk and not be interrupted. We spoke honestly, openly, and had a moment that was totally set apart from everyone else.

It was one of those moments we'll long remember.

It was one of those moments that make family precious.

You can't buy or sell that...at any price.

Deb
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment