Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Overwhelming


There were times on my journey through Motherhood that I felt like I was overwhelmed.  Some days I was tired of wash that didn’t seem to end and other days I was overwhelmed with constant bickering:
Mom, he hit me
Mom, he took my truck
Mom, he stole my cookie
Mom, she keeps telling me what to do
Mom, he LOOKED at me
(Looking at me was always one of my personal favorites!)

Parenting is without a doubt the most difficult thing I’ve done, and also the most rewarding.  Even though I felt exasperated, overwhelmed, unprepared, and totally feeling incapable of doing a good job, it turned out quite okay.  My best advice for young parents is:
Love them more
Give hugs freely
Talk to your children (regularly)
Validate their feelings
And most of all PRAY for them daily.  Pray for them today, tomorrow, and for their future.
Pray that they will BE who God intended them to BE.
Those are the things that REALLY count.  The bickering falls away…the laundry gets done…they DO stop hitting…they learn to share cookies and toys…they stop telling each other what they SHOULD do…and best of all they learn to LOOK at each other.
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment