Monday, August 27, 2012

Goodness

There is a state park not far from where I live and it's one of my favorite places on the planet.  I love going there to walk and enjoy the good things God created in nature.  Several years ago while in Colorado on vacation I decided I loved the pine trees and I wanted to grow my own pine trees from seeds.  I took Botany in college, so I dug out my old books and started to read how to sprout a seed to grow a tree.  I was excited about growing my own tree.

Turns out it was a lot harder than I thought.  I gave up after five or six tries, but in the course of the activity I came to realize what a miracle it is that God created a wonderful "system" so trees would produce seeds that would sprout new trees.

God's goodness comes to us in unexpected ways. Now when I look at trees I see miracles all around me. If my experiment had not failed I might not have realized what a miracle a new tree is for us.  I also came to realize that I love to walk in the woods, smell the trees, and see God's goodness all around.

What "goodness" has God brought to your life recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment