Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Suffice it to say...

Being loved is an incredible blessing.  There's nothing quite like feeling like we are loved and cared for because we feel safe and secure in that person.

It's hard for me to imagine that there are people on the planet who have never experienced that kind of safety.  There are people who are not secure in knowing that someone loves them.

I think of a young woman who has been taken from her home and sold into slavery...

I think of a young child who doesn't know who her father is and her mother has died of aides...

I think of an elderly man who is dying alone in a hospital bed...

I think of a poor forgotten homeless woman who is dying from starvation and has no-one to care for her...

Thinking of all of those people reminds me I am called to care, called to love, called to do what I can to tell others to reach out and love the world around us with the love of Jesus.

You may not be called to fight against human traffiking, or to go to Africa to help orphans who are left alone.  You may not be called to do hospital visits or to seekout the homeless to touch them with God's love.  You are, however, called to love the people in your world. 

However you are called, faithfully love...

No comments:

Post a Comment