Thursday, December 15, 2011

Surprises on the Journey


God sent a lovely surprise today!   

After I left work I went to see a friend and then on the way home stopped by a department store to pick up something I needed for tomorrow.  I got what I needed and as I was driving away I noticed some people I knew going in the store.  I pulled up to the curb and said, “Hey fella, do you want to come home with me?”  My grandson (who is 9 years old) turned around and looked at his mom, “can I?”  My daughter shook her head and my grandson made a beeline for my car. 

We didn’t plan the meeting but God knew exactly the hour and moment we would meet.  What made it really special is that my daughter was looking for a dress for my granddaughter to wear for upcoming holiday events and my grandson did NOT want to go shopping to look for “girl” clothes. 

Instead, he came home with me and we ate ice cream and watched Jimmy Neutron while he told me about his latest conquests with his new video game. 

Moments like that don’t come along every day, and I cherish the surprise God brought. 

It reminded me of Jesus “running into” the woman at the well in John 4, or “walking by a tree” and seeing Zacchaeus in Luke 19, or Jesus “meeting” Peter and Andrew in Matthew 4. 

So tell me, who did God send YOUR way recently? If you can't think of any surprises, ask God to send you someone to surprise you on your journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment