Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Heaven on Earth


After the Angel delivered the message that the Messiah had been born in Bethlehem to the Sheepherders in Luke 2:8-12, an angelic choir appeared and they were singing praises to God.  

They sang:

   Glory to God in the heavenly heights,
   Peace to all men and women on earth who please him

Heaven on earth. 

The child brought heaven to earth and the angels brought the praises of heaven to earth. 
That night long ago the sheepherders got to experience heaven on earth.  

On our journey, part of our story is where we experience heaven on earth.  Every day we are given pieces of heaven now and we will experience more of heaven later.  

When I was a child I remember my dad talking about miracles that we are given every day.  I used to say, “I don’t see any miracles.”  To that, my dad would reply with a wink, “they’re here, you just have to see them.”  Now I know what he was talking about.  If we watch there are blessings galore, we just need to see them and recognize that God is in them.

Watch for the miracle God offers today, and receive the blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment