Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Timeline of God's Love

Fifty years ago I thought Jesus was the most awesome friend I've ever had and I knew he loved me because I was special to him.

Forty years ago I thought Jesus was cool and hoped he loved me even when I was bad.

Thirty years ago I thought that God loved me only when I was truly penitent and prayed really hard for forgiveness. 

Twenty years ago I thought that God loved me and helped me to be truly penitent and pray hard for forgiveness.

Ten years ago I thought that God loved me but I didn't understand why there was suffering.

Today, because I've made mistakes, I learned that Jesus loves ME.  My mistakes are part of me.  I am human.  I've learned to live with my failures. 

Today, because I suffered, I learned that God suffered WITH me because he loves me. 

Today, God pursues me, pursues you...just wants you to receive His love. 

Stop long enough to receive His love.  Be yourself with God.  Let God suffer with you.

Know that He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment