Monday, April 9, 2012

All things are Possible

I met a woman several years ago who spoke of her “hope” of heaven someday and her desire to meet Christ.  When I asked her if she knows Christ, she said she wasn’t sure she knows Him, but she would like to see him someday.

As we talked I told her she can know Christ now and she does not need to wait.  She seemed puzzled and she wondered how I could know that.  I explained that I know Jesus.  He is my friend and shepherd and has been with me for a number of years.  Puzzled, she asked how I can be so sure.  

I told her Christ is IN me and He will always be with me.  I told her she, too can know Christ by turning to Him.  I promised if she would only turn TO Jesus He would be there because he loves her and will not stop pursuing her.

When she left me, she said she would think about it.

I do not know what happened to the woman after that day.  I don’t know if she turned to Jesus that day.  I don’t know if a seed was planted that day, and at a later time it was harvested.

I only know that I prayed for her that day, that she would hear the Spirit calling her name.  I prayed she would desire to know Jesus and that she would experience eternal redemption. 

I don’t believe our meeting was an accident.  I don’t believe I created the prayer.  I do believe that Christ is in all things and all things are possible with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment