Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Calming the Storm

I went to the dentist this afternoon and was headed to Bible Study at church tonight, but I had a  little extra time so I stopped by my house for a few minutes.  I sat down and thought, "I'll close my eyes for just a minute" and the next thing I knew it was an hour and a half later.  I couldn't believe I fell asleep. Really fell asleep. Bible Study was well underway, and I knew by the time I got there it would be almost over, so I took the hint and rested. 

A lot of people tell me they sit down to pray and they end up falling asleep.  My advice to them is that God created rest for a reason.  If our body needs rest, we need to rest. 

In Luke 4:39 Jesus woke up and told the wind to "be still". 

Today I think I needed to let Jesus still my mind and heart.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment