Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Calling Us Back

The day I realized I have been looking at forgiveness backwards was a red letter day for me.

I was trying to write about forgiveness, and in the process I had to think about how God forgives me.  As I thought about it, I realized that it isn't about me being moral and realizing I sinned (that's what I've always believed). 

Instead sin happens when I turn from God, take my eyes off of what is holy and I turn away.  God is always pursuing me and wants me to turn to him.  When I look away, all I need to do is to turn back and run into Papa's arms again. 

Now, because I'm human God knows I'm going to turn away again and again, and He's always there urging me to turn back. 

With His love, he pursues me and desires that I would come back. 

Calling us...wooing us back.

No comments:

Post a Comment