Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Dream


I’ve been a dreamer all my life, both during the day and at night. After the age of 12 years old my night dreams increased and I felt like God was speaking to me in my dreams.  I noticed that parts of my dreams came true after a while. Sometimes I would dream in a series and sometime later I would know what God was telling me in the dream. That’s one way I learned what my dreams meant. Another way I knew what my dreams mean was through my feelings.   As I learned what my dreams mean, I have learned to seek God’s dream FOR me and of me.  


I love it that God gave a dream to the three wise men telling them not to go back to talk to Herod.  

Matthew 2:12 says:

When it was time to leave, they returned to their own country by another route, for God had warned them in a dream not to return to Herod. (NLT)

I am amazed that these three wise men had a dream yet I wonder, did they all three have a dream? Did they have the same dream?  Did they question whether or not they should go talk to Herod? Whatever happened after they had the dream, they decided to accept the dream as coming from God. 

They did not go back to talk to Herod.  

The three wise men believed God and they believed Jesus was the One sent to be King of the Jews. They came. They saw. They believed. 

Jesus met them on their journey just like Jesus meets us on our journey. 

And so, the wise men prepared for their long trip home on the Spice Road to the east.  With them they carried their thoughts of worshiping the King.  They saw the Messiah and their lives would be forever changed.  



They would forever carry Jesus in their hearts on their journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment