Friday, January 6, 2012

Epiphany

I love Epiphany.  I like what it means and what it represents.  Epiphany in the general sense means that you have a sudden realization that gives something meaning you didn’t previously understand. Epiphany in reference to Christ means the realization that Jesus is the Son of God.  

That is worth celebrating and while I celebrate that Christ is the Son of God, I'm not able to remember when I realized that Christ is the Son of God.  I did have a moment when I knew I wanted to tell someone I believed in Jesus, but it seems like I always believed Jesus is God's Son. 


When I think about having an epiphany today, I'm not sure I had one today. I did have some pretty cool stuff happen, however.  I had a God moment when I knew for sure that God was blessing me on a project I am working on.  I had a moment where God’s love and meaning passed between me and another person.  I had another moment where I knew that God loves me, today and now.  I had a moment when I was studying a scripture verse and I realized what God wanted me to see.  I realized today I am really truly blessed. 

But here’s the thing…when I am open to it, those things happen every day, not just on the Day of Epiphany.  

Maybe the Epiphany for me is realizing I am really blessed every day, not just one day out of the year.  Every day God is everywhere, Jesus is God's Son, the Spirit is in me, and miracles abound.  Epiphany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment