Monday, January 23, 2012

The Triumph of Hope


On this journey called life I have been blessed with myriad of hope.  I’m not sure why that is, except my desperate need and desire for God at a young age put me in touch with hope.  I think I had a desire to make God part of my life because it seemed natural and right.  My dad told me to seek the Spirit, and I did.  I saw my parents “act out” hope.  My mom would take food to those who were hurting and my dad would pray for them and offer words of hope. 

Hope has always been a natural part of life. Somewhere along the way I realized that if you rely on God and look for hope, you will find it. 

I repeated Newton’s law of physics, “for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction” about a thousand times while they were growing up.  For one thing, every time somebody would hit somebody and the other person would hit back, they would come to me and say, “he hit me”, “well, he hit me first”.  I would remind them, “for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction”. What do you expect?  

Love is the same.  If you want love (because you desire to be known), give love.

If you want a friend (in other words, if you are lonely), be a friend.

If you’re in the middle of a violent storm and you are desperately looking for a solution, seek God’s peace.

If you look for hope (because you realize you don’t have it), you will have hope. 
 
Hope is a strong feeling and can out weight, outlast, and overcome the dark of night.  Psalm 30:5 says, “Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning”.  

With the morning light, God brings hope.  Hope for a new day.  Hope for His love.  Hope for God’s peace.  

Watch for the light.  Believe in hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment