Friday, March 9, 2012

Authencity

When I think of an authentic person I am reminded of my oldest son.  When he was two years old, he was authentic.  When he didn't want to do something, he said, "no". 

As he grew older he didn't lose his authentic honesty.  He did learn to say, "I don't want to but if I have to I guess I will."

He is still authentically honest.  He says what he thinks and means what he says.  He doesn't mince words.  If you want sugar-coated words, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

I love his honesty.  I appreciate it and rely on it.

I think Jesus was authentically honest as well.  He didn't mince words with the woman at the well in John 4.  He told her she was accepted - now go and sin no more.  Jesus clearly loved the woman enough to tell her the whole truth.

I rely on His honesty as well.  There are times when Jesus says, "you are forgiven - put away your sin - live a life IN God." 

His TRUTH is reliable.  It is sure.  It's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment