Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mindful of the Red Sea

How did God part the Red Sea?

It's interesting that we don't question how God created so many species of butterflies, or made giraffes but we find it difficult to believe that with one breath he could part the Red Sea.  I think what amazes me most is that there are those who explain it away by scientific reasoning.

It reminds me of a story I once heard...

There was a man falling from a roof and as he was falling he prayed, God please save me.  Then suddenly, a large nail caught the seat of his trousers and he stopped falling.  The man looked up to heaven and said, "that's okay, God, this nail caught me". 

The world is ready and willing to believe anything did the miracle except God. 

Yet, sometimes are we any different?  Are we mindful of the miracles all around us, daily?  Do we credit God with constant care and love?  Do we appreciate good health and the food we eat? What Red Sea experience did you have today that God brought?  Write it down and remember the miracles that God provided today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment