Thursday, February 23, 2012

Journey to 'Simple'

About six weeks ago I started sensing I am supposed to focus on letting God simplify my life.  It seemed like every time I did a book search or research for a project, the subject of ‘simple’ turned up. I ended up ordering a few new books on ways to simplify.
Since then, God has been sending tons of confirmation from all kinds of sources (including a Bible Study and the Ash Wednesday service at my church last night) that He wants me to be open to the “cleaning out the clutter”, mostly from my brain.  Each day throughout Lent I am going to focus on a very brief word or phrase from scripture so the Spirit can teach us how to clear out the clutter. 
Clearing out the clutter can mean a host of things – your space, your brain, your heart, even (symbolically or realistically) your closets.  As we clear out the clutter, we are making room for more of God. 
As you pray during Lent, ask God what He has for you during this time.  What special gift does He want to give you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment