Monday, May 14, 2012

God IN Church

I love children.  I also love praying. 

Praying with children is an incredible experience.  What I've noticed is that children don't over-think prayer.  They believe because no-one has convinced then not to believe. 

God wants us to believe in what He wants to give us.  He loves it when we embrace all that He has for us. 

That's exactly what children do.

I remember when one of my sons was three years old and we went to visit a church.  At our church the pastor didn't wear a robe and at this church the pastor had a robe and the pulpit was lifted high on the platform.  I heard my son gasp and then he said, "Mom...it's God!" 

I tried to explain that it was the pastor, but he wouldn't hear of it.  Throughout the whole service he watched every move the pastor made, and his eyes were as big as saucers.  He hardly closed his mouth. 

From that day on, I think he was forever convinced that God lived in the church. 

He believed.  

It doesn't get more awesome than that. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that story Deb. Reminds me of my nephew at my Grandma's funeral. He walked up to the casket and look at Grandma then looked at his mom and said "Is this Heaven?"..we had all be telling him Grandma was in Heaven

    ReplyDelete