Sunday, May 15, 2011

Conclusion Part 4 - Sharing our struggles in community


As the American Church faces new challenges we will need each other…we will need to share our struggles IN community.  This isn’t about calling ourselves “church”.  It’s about loving one another enough to get involved in each other’s lives.  Are you seeking a community that wants to go deeper?  Do you want to have a place where you can ask hard questions about the Gospel message?  

I have had a desire to be part of an authentic unique community that will share struggles - love one another despite our failures - care when caring is hard to do.  I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was part of such a community and it felt very right.  The dream I had encouraged me to continue to seek and ask - and for me it was a promise I would find it.  I believe God wants that for all of us.  Have you ever had a desire to be part of a community like that?  Would you be willing to share your hopes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment