Monday, June 4, 2012

Tired or TIRED!

I took last week off from blog writing, not because I wanted to, but because I was writing an exegesis paper and I had to get it finished!

Some of you may know what an exegesis is, but in case you don't, you look at scripture from many different ways (critical tools) and analyze what the original author is saying to the original reader.  I love doing it, but it is very exhausting.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

Being tired is one thing, but this is tired to the core - deep thinking tired.

I find that when I'm studying scripture in this way that I push myself really hard to listen, think, and see what God intended the passage to BE.

By the time I finally finished, I was so tired I could hardly think.

I am most grateful that God speaks throughout the whole process, but also that after it's complete God restores and strengthens me.

God helps me "get" there, and helps me come back.

It's a win-win.  

No comments:

Post a Comment