Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Writing with Grace and Flair

I've been getting a lot of questions about writing (mostly on Pinterest) and wanted to share a few thoughts about giving and receiving "grace" with you works and with things you read.

I happen to believe that giving grace is important.

Why?  Because you can take the same essay and turn it into 4 different English professors and you would get 4 very different grades.  You could even run the alphabet.

I've had professors, editors, and critics love my work and hate my work.  Either way works for me because my question back to them is, "did it broaden your perspective?"

If it did, then I succeeded.  If it didn't my follow up question is, "are you willing to allow your perspective to grow?"

I think that's what grace and writing is all about.  We may not all agree, but you will read my work and consider the possibilities.  Then you will give me the right to my viewpoint.  You don't have to agree.  Just let me be me.  Right for me.  Not always right for you, but you allow me to think differently than you.

For some reason it's really important to me to give others grace...the right to be who they are.  The right to:

their own theology
their own philosophy
even their own ideas about raising children

For me?  I prefer a bit of flair, lots of laughter, and loads of grace!


www.lotsagrace.org


No comments:

Post a Comment