Monday, August 25, 2014

Geekie

Okay.

Confession time.

I know I am a geek.

Geekie.

Theology Geek.  Restoration Geek.

I didn't come to this place in life easily.  I came kicking and screaming.

I didn't really WANT to go to Seminary.  Didn't want to have a M.Div.  Didn't want to go gaga over Moltmann.  Those things weren't on my bucket list.

I had easy light-hearted things on my bucket list.  Sit on a mountaintop and pray for hours.  Go to a tiny cafe and strike up an interesting conversation with the locals about who God really is.  Find a really great old rocker and sit for hours listening to the wind.

Instead I became a geek.

Here's the thing about being a geek.  You become opinionated, stalwart. You stand fast.

I recently heard a song, "Greater" by Mercy Me.  I was intrigued.

I listened to other songs on the album.

I was more than intrigued.

I made a purchase and listened to the songs over and over again.

Know what I noticed?  (Well, besides the snappy tunes and great instrumentals).  I experienced GREAT theology.

I experienced restoration in my soul.

Thanks, Mercy Me for feeding my geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment