Friday, October 26, 2012

Gratitude

This week I’ve been filled with a sense of gratitude for my life.
It kinda started when my oldest child (my only daughter) turned 36.  I started realizing how very grateful I am that she’s part of my life. 
Then I remembered all the funny stuff we’ve gone through with “the boys”.  After I had my daughter I was sure I would have another girl (because all of my friends had all girls).  I decided I was going to dress them alike they would be really close.  Instead, I had a boy – which was cool.  Then I had another boy and another.  All of that was really cool, but as the boys grew up I realized sometimes it was “us” against “them”. 
My sons are VERY creative.  I’m talking V-E-R-Y and because there were three of them they were everywhere.  What one couldn’t figure out how to do, three COULD!
My daughter was a great help to me when it came to:
1)      Knowing where they were
2)      Knowing if what they were doing was dangerous to themselves or to others
3)      Knowing if their most recent fight involved blood (I had a no blood rule)
4)      Knowing if they were getting ready to “blow something up”
No, I am NOT making this up. 
This is real.
This is life.
Looking back, I realized this week how grateful I am for all of the escapades…fun…adventure. 
God certainly knew what he was doing when he sent me a daughter, then three sons.
God is GOOD.
ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment