Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just a Smile Away

I had a great day at work today!

I've been struggling trying to learn how to do something very complex and detail oriented for some time and today I felt like I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel.  That doesn't mean I have mastered it, but I finally started to see (and remember) the patterns and trends so I can speed up the process and complete the tasks in a timely manner.

When the light bulb went off, I was a little surprised how happy I was; that tells me how stressed I've been about learning this process.

As I walked down the hallway at work, my step was a little lighter.  I also found myself smiling without effort.  The result of my smile was instantaneous.  As I smiled, others not only smiled back, they looked at me as if they were thinking, "why is SHE so happy at work?"

Granted, sometimes it's difficult to be happy when we're under a lot of stress (and very few people I know don't have stress at work), but until today I had never noticed how few people really smile.  I was also reminded that a smile prompts a smile.

A smile is just a smile away when you smile.  It's a chain reaction thing...easy for you to share and it brings a great reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment