Monday, July 2, 2012

God is always there...


We all have days when it’s really easy to talk to God (what the Irish call ‘thin spaces’) and other days when it seems really difficult.
I used to think God was more open to me some days than others.  I’ve learn that is not the case.  I am the one who gets ‘sludgy’.  The cause is usually caused by:
Busy
Pain
Lack of forgiveness on my part
Self-centeredness on my part

That’s not to say our relationship with God is dependent on my actions – my relationship remains in tack and solid.  The only difference is my ability to hear God. 
God is always there.
Always nearer than you think.
Always acting on your behalf. 

God does not force you to hear – you (we) are given grace even in through non-hearing.
Either way you look at it, grace is yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment